Want to have two or more images appear side-by-side on a post in WordPress? Want to have them centred so they look nice? The solution is surprisingly simple.
To get the centred, side-by-side effect, you don’t need to tweak image attributes, you don’t need to stick them in tables, you don’t need to mess with divs and, in fact, you don’t need to deal with raw code at all.
- Leave a blank line where you want the images to go
- Click on the blank line to place your insertion point there
- Click ‘Align center’ in the toolbar
- Add Media
- Upload and select an image
- Check the ‘Attachment Display Settings’ — make sure that ‘Alignment’ is set to ‘None’
- Insert into post
- Press the space bar a couple of times to separate the last image from the next one
- Go back to step 4 for the next image
- Repeat as many times as you want
That’s it. Enjoy!
NB: You must centre the blank line before you add images. You can’t add images and then centre the line — it doesn’t work.